Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Some opinions about other shows!

This is just something that I wrote about podcasts in for another class. But I thought it would be a good idea to share it on my blog also...

Go Digtital By BBC

http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podcasts/1461 or http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/1478157.stm

I listened to Go Digital by BBC because I am interested in new digital devices as well as media, and I figured that BBC would be a safe place to go. The program was good in my opinion, even though it did not focus on gadgets as much I would like. The speaker was speaking in a very clear and concise voice throughout the show. His voice was strong and yet appealing to listen to for 25 minutes. The recording as well, was perfect (I guess I should expect that from BBC, but still). The show only had a handful of major subjects but they were covered well. In addition, there were other speakers or interviews for every subject that provided a break from the ‘main host’ which lead to a more enjoyable listening experience. It is very easy to become bored if there is not enough variation in this format. Overall, I liked the show and I will listen to it again.
(Note: this was the last episode under the name Go Digital it will continue with the name Digital Planet)



The Rich and Josh Show # 28

http://richandjosh.com/

I also listened to the Rich and Josh Show, which is an amateur pod cast made by two students at the main campus in Philadelphia. This is the second time I listen to one of their shows and I have to say it was better this time. But I a not sure if that was because I am getting used their voices or if it’s because it was a better episode. Either way, the show is pleasant to listen to because of their humorous ways of talking about daily things in their lives. As well as their voices which are very different from each other and therefore compliments each other in a good way. Their recording is done well also; you can always hear what they are saying and they are never really peaking. Again, overall it is a good show. That is, if you want to hear two college people talking about their life, it is nothing more nothing less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home